Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More lucrative, being a real estate agent or a mortgage broker?

I am about to graduate from college and I have two real options for work starting in 3 months, either become a real estate agent, which i have one summer of rentals experience, or trying mortgage brokering. Which of the 2 would I have a more realistic chance of making money over the next 5 years or so?More lucrative, being a real estate agent or a mortgage broker?
I have seen very successful professionals on both sides of the aisle. As I happen to be a REALTOR I'll admit a certain bias. With that being said, it really boils down to your personality, business, strenghts and weaknesses. Someone who is a top-notch sales person could falter in loans because they simply don't care about the product and vice versa.





So look at what you think you will enjoy and the money will follow in either case.

No comments:

Post a Comment