Sunday, August 22, 2010

What site to I report theft from a mortgage broker ? I need a phone number .?

I worked as a processor upon waiting for a class to open to take loan officer';s licensing.I never got paid on deals that funded and closed .What site to I report theft from a mortgage broker ? I need a phone number .?
You'll need to contact your state department of labor, they will be able to help you file a formal complaint against the employer.What site to I report theft from a mortgage broker ? I need a phone number .?
That is an issue for the Department of Labor, and that is who you would file the complaint with.





However, I am highly suspecting that the mortgage broker hired you as a processor, and then had you discuss the loans with the customer, service them until closing, but had HIS NAME on the 1003.





If that was the case, then you cannot sue, b/c he cannot legally pay you a commission if you are not licensed b/c it was illegal for you to take the loan application to start with.





PS: To all those that suggested calling the Banking Commission of that state...they DO NOT engage in the enforcement of pay or commissions.
Well I know people in the same situation you are in...department of financial institution for the state that you live in. And good luck with the loan originator test!!! I just passed mine here in Wisconsin :)
You are not registered loan officer then. You have to be employed by a lender/banker. You have to have a license. You cannot sue anyone because you are not legal - they might treat you to lunch but that's about it. If you didn't have the license yet. I think it is illegal for a loan officer to give out commission if they are not a lender and you are not an employee of the broker.





But if this person you help give loan to has a heart - he or she will let you know and at least give a gift of 100.00 worth. He can deduct that to his expense anyway- as a gift.
Or your state's real estate/baking dept.


And get a lawyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment