Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Adding a name to deed for Florida property under Mortgage?

I am seeking to add my father to my deed for my townhouse in Florida. The property is still under mortgage. And I am out of the country. I just want to understand the process and if there is anyway I could get the documents mailed to me and I will notarize them where I am. Help is much appreciated!Adding a name to deed for Florida property under Mortgage?
You need to call the company you pay your mortgage payments to and they will instruct you further.Adding a name to deed for Florida property under Mortgage?
You do not need to contact your mortgage company, that's a waste of your and their time. They don't care who's in title as long as your making the payments. I would have your father go to a title company or real estate attorney to get a quit claim deed prepared and overnighted to you, but here's where the fun begins so PLEASE pay attention. Fla counties are goofy, some require 1 witness signature, some require 2. You will need a witness signature at the time of execution. Also, DO NOT JUST GET THIS NOTARIZED, it may not be recorded. You must go to a us consulate or embassy to sign and get the document notarized, do not get this notarized by any other entity. Foreign notarizations most likely will not be recogized by the county clerks office and you will have to do this again. I had a deal in fla and we asked the county directly if they would accept a foreign notaization, they said sure. Well the deed got rejected, a new one had to be prepared and shipped to germany again. Take out the x factor and go the an embassy or consulate to make sure you do this correctly, good luck
You need to speak with a real estate attorney and with the lender. Since you don't explain why you want to do this the services of an attorney are very important because you may be able to achieve your purpose by some means other than putting your father's name on the property.
  • scary mask
  • buy make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment