Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is there someone i can call about my mortgage company holding my insurance check and dispersing it to me?

alittle at a time inbetween inspections to repair my home from hurricane damage? They told me i had to indorse the ck (its made out to myself and my mortg co) and then mail it to them and they would send me a portion of it at at time..... i think its BS! Is there anything i can do to get around all the red tape to get my house repaired???Is there someone i can call about my mortgage company holding my insurance check and dispersing it to me?
True. You have to endorse the check over, and as the work is completed, the mortgage company sends it out to you.





You can get around that, by having the insurance company reissue the check made payable only to the CONTRACTOR.





You can't get the check yourself, if there's a mortgagee on your house. That's to protect the mortgagee, to keep you from banking the money, and not making the repairs to your house.Is there someone i can call about my mortgage company holding my insurance check and dispersing it to me?
Home insurance is actually very flexible. I'm not familiar with all the fine print of my policy, but my homeowners insurance agent is always helpful. Try visting your agent or a homeowners agent in your city. http://www.easyhomeinsuranceguide.com They should be able to help you.
I don't think there's much you can do. You've already signed the check over to them, so you have to play by their rules.





You can still get your house repaired. Call a contractor and schedule repairs.
  • scary mask
  • cool mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment