Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is a Mortgage commitment letter?

In Pa we are buying a house and we are having tough time with getting the inspection complete. Which will apperently result in renegioated price and needed repairs prior to closing. My agreement states that I have 15 days to have and inspection and 15 days to present a mortgage commitment letter. My lender states that I should be sure I want the property, which we providing needed repairs are renegotiated or taken care of. So my realtor says she needs it and my lender says everything is all set. What is the letter entail and what does it mean?What is a Mortgage commitment letter?
The loan commitment letter is from the lender stating that they have approved your loan for the amount of money needed to close the deal. If repairs are an issue, the price of renegotiating means the sales price may be reduced, however, if you then are accepting in the nonrepaired state, then you'll need funds to cover the repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment