Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who owns a house if the mortgage lender goes bust?

If I have a mortgage on my house and my lender becomes insolvent, what happens?


Do I still owe anybody money?


Who owns the title to the house (in my case mortgage is 20% of purchase price)?





JonWho owns a house if the mortgage lender goes bust?
Of course you still owe someone money. The lender went bust because the lender owes someone else more money than they have. Accordingly, that someone gets your mortgage and you pay them.Who owns a house if the mortgage lender goes bust?
Yes, you still owe. Your loan is an asset on the lender's books. It will be taken over by another lender. You have title to the house - the lender has a lien on it until the mortgage is paid off.
The mortgage would be sold to another bank. You would owe the new bank.
The receiver who buys up your lenders' debt

No comments:

Post a Comment