Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage - how do I do this w/out refinancing?

We currently have 2 mortgages on a 2-year-old house. One of the mortgage companies is allowing me to take over the mortgage, but the mortgage company that has the lesser of the 2 mortgages will not. We cannot refinance since there is not enough equity in the home to do so. What else can I do?I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage - how do I do this w/out refinancing?
You'll have to refinance. There is no other option.





Good Luck!I am going through a divorce and my husband wants off of the mortgage - how do I do this w/out refinancing?
The only way to change information or mortgagees on the loan is to refinance. From my knowledge there is no other way to remove his name. If the company will not allow it, even with divorce papers stating his name will be removed, then other than refinancing there is no way around it. You may just have to wait until the economy/housing issue gets better to remove his name.
You can't do anything about that. It's their money %26amp; they want security in having 2 people who qualified for that loan to be on it. The person who said you should have him sign a Quit Claim has no idea what they're talking about. A Quit Claim simply removes him from any interest in the property which you definitely should do since he's not going to be paying anymore, but that doesn't remove him from responsibility at bank level. Your bank calls the shots on this one. Qualifying again on your own is the only thing you can do. They will not just remove him at request.
You're going to have to sell the house, pay off the mortgages and whatever little money is left you'll have to split. You can't refinance an already double mortgaged home, that's impossible, there's no equity left!
I believe it is called a quit claim deed. Google quit claim deed and divorce and see what you find. Your mortage company should be able to send you the form for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment