Thursday, July 29, 2010

Homeowners Only! What was the most important variable that made you choose the mortgage lender?

Loan officer was a good person. I asked her about ';committment fee'; and ';loan origination Fee'; etc. She said ';those are junk fees';. She made them go away. I also asked about having a title search and then having to buy title insurance for the bank (now that's a scam.) She was sympathetic, but that's a tough nut to crack. Get to know a good loan officer. they really can smooth the path for you.Homeowners Only! What was the most important variable that made you choose the mortgage lender?
The rate they charged, 5.8175 at the time....I should have paid a little more attention to the closing cost fees...if you have a credit union, check with them before you do anything, their fees will be the lowest.Homeowners Only! What was the most important variable that made you choose the mortgage lender?
I prayed for guidance on the situation . A lawyer friend gave me a list of questions and the lender answered all of them. My lender also made me feel comfortable and provided me with lots of information. Asking others who have been through the process makes you very insightful.
The rate and the no closing cost option.
My Dad, the Mortgage Broker, told me to choose the one I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment